2. What are the Causes of early pregnancy cramps?
The early pregnancy cramps occur due to the following reasons in the women:
- Generally, the cramps in the early pregnancy happen due to the normal changes which are occurring inside the mother’s body. For example, when you get pregnant, the shape of your uterus starts growing so that the womb can easily put up your developing baby.
- There are few types of women also who also get small bleeding in the duration of cramping. Such bleeding and cramping happen as soon as the embryo gets implanted in the uterine wall. Some of the expecting mothers misjudge these indications and signs of early pregnancy with the normal menstrual cramping as such situation generally arise when they are near the due date of their periods.
- Sometimes the cramping also occurs when you attain the orgasm. Such type of cramping can be little scary too. But, you should not get worried about this as it is a normal thing which happens in most of the women.
- Lots of women feel early cramps in around 12 weeks of their pregnancy period. Such pains can be sharp also which can get the start at one or both edges of their groin. The pain can occur at the time of quick or steady movements like stretch or twist. When the ligaments inside your body get stretched to support your growing uterus, then such kind of pains begins.
3. How does an early pregnancy cramps feel similar to?
Well! There are lots of women who say that the pregnancy cramps just feel similar to the period cramps. That is why the women get worried that their periods are about to start at any point in time. But, you can also feel the other type of pains like heartburn.
When you have light cramps then it will only remind you of the period pain. In the early pregnancy cramping, while the uterus is contracting you will feel a slow and heavy sensation in your pelvis. Occasionally, such pain is sensed extra on one side as compared to the other side.
You will feel cramps more when you are standing for elongated time or might be at the end of the tiring day. As soon as the heaviness in the abdomen increases rapidly at the time of coughing, sneezing, or laughing, you will easily notice the cramps.
The feeling of the cramps is different for all women, for example, some say that the pain is stabbing and sharp but certain explain them as the annoying sensation.
4. What are the ways to get relief from the early pregnancy cramps?
Normally, the early pregnancy cramps do not make any problem for the moms-to-be, but if you find them painful then you can do the following things to get relief from it:
- You can have the suggested dosage of “acetaminophen’ medicine after consulting with your doctor. However, you should avoid consuming the pain relieving medicines like aspirin and ibuprofen.
- You may ask your partner to smoothly rub the lower area of your back.
- You can soak in the warm water tub in the bathroom.
- Along with a warm water bottle, you can relax on your couch in the room for getting relief.
- A slow walk at the outside or the stretching can also help you in getting relief from the cramps.
- With a little change in the sleeping position can also be very helpful.
- If you are wearing any tight clothes, then quickly change them and wear something loose.
- Sometimes, a full bladder can also result in the uterine cramping, so you must empty your bowel in such situation.
- You must drink lots of water and consume heaps of fresh fruits and vegetables so that no constipation can happen inside your body. The processed foods like bread, pasta, and rice should be avoided.
5. When to worry about the early pregnancy cramps?
Even though the early pregnancy cramping is totally normal, but it can also be an initial signal of miscarriage. Unluckily, it is very difficult to stop any miscarriage as the estimates show that about 1 in 4 pregnancies finish with the miscarriage. The reasons of the miscarriage can be the chromosomal defects or an issue with the embryo implantation in the uterus’s lining of the mother.
On some occasions, the cramping might be a signal that the fertilized egg is not implanted in the uterus but have burrowed down anywhere else in the pelvis i.e. in the fallopian tubes. Such prenatal period is known as the ectopic pregnancy and if you are the victim, then you should call your doctor immediately.